Each class is a combination of creative movement, anatomically based alignment, and cultivating connection.
When I step into class, I do my best to shed expectations in order to truly see each individual, from their energy body to their physical form. I plug into the needs of the class to provide each individual and the group with exactly what's needed for a safe and illuminating experience.
Be prepared for some serious self-love, in the form of deep breaths, sweat, integrated movements, a long savasana, and some intuitive hands-on assists and adjustments.
I studied under the power vinyasa tradition and have since veered away from the "power" and dived into the fluid movement at the heart of vinyasa.
If you're unfamiliar with vinyasa, it is defined as the linking of breath to movement, a flowing "dance" of body and breath. This style of yoga uses breath as the driving force behind the body's movements. Vinyasa can be catered to all ages and physical abilities.
From this understanding of vinyasa flow, I have broadened my specialities to children's and family yoga as well as pre/postnatal and pelvic floor therapeutic yoga.
Certifications and Trainings
- RYT 200hr Yoga Teacher Certification from Sid Yoga (2012)
- Studied Yoga Anatomy and Therapeutics with Megan Davis at Tranquil Space Yoga (2017)
- Prenatal Yoga Training with Anne Thiel at Tranquil Space Yoga (2016)
- Prenatal Teaching Tune-up with Jess Apo at Thrive Yoga (2017)
- Pelvic Floor Teacher Training with Leslie Howard at Yoga Shanti (certification in progress) (2017)
- The Pelvic Core Training with Carol Collins at Tranquil Space Yoga (2016)
- National Children's Yoga Conference with YoKid (2015)
- Children's Yoga Philosophy with YoKid (2012)
Click here to see what classes & workshops are currently available
Click here to schedule a private session